Portuguese Procession Held in Montreal Despite Permit Refusal

Date:

A statue of Jesus Christ is carried through the streets during the annual Portuguese procession in Montreal on May 17, 2026. The Canadian Press/Graham HughesThe annual Portuguese Santo Cristo procession took place Sunday in Montreal’s Plateau-Mont-Royal, drawing relief from the city’s Portuguese community after a permit was refused last week.Organizing member Emanuel Linhares said the group behind the procession began the permit process on Feb. 12 and only received the refusal 10 days before the event.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Share post:

More like this
Related

Trump, South Koreas Lee Discuss USChina Summit After Beijing Talks

U.S. President Donald Trump greets South Korean President Lee...

Ex-RAAF Commander Warns Melbourne Could Be Left Without Military Air Base Amid Labors Sell-Off

Pilatus PC-21 aircrafts from the Royal Australian Air Force...

Hantavirus-Hit Cruise Ship Due to Arrive at Rotterdam Port as Final Destination

The cruise ship MV Hondius, affected by a hantavirus...

Defence Analyst Says Northern Australia Strategy Too Slow and Fragmented

An Australian Army Rheinmetall MAN 40M truck drives across...