Firefighters work as efforts are underway to extinguish flames engulfing bamboo scaffolding across multiple buildings at the Wang Fuk Court housing estate in Tai Po, Hong Kong, on Nov. 26, 2025. Tyrone Siu/ReutersHong Kong authorities said on Nov. 28 that the search for survivors after a massive fire tore through a residential complex in the New Territories, killing at least 128 people, has ended. About 200 people remain unaccounted for.Hong Kong Security Secretary Chris Tang told reporters that the blaze had been extinguished and that the rescue operation is over, adding that firefighters were now focused on lowering temperatures inside the structures.
Rescue Operation at Hong Kong Fire Ends as Death Toll Climbs to 128 With Hundreds Missing
Date:




