Macron Rejects Trumps Call to Reopen Hormuz by Force as Unrealistic

Date:

U.S. President Donald Trump meets with French President Emmanuel Macron in the Oval Office of the White House on Feb. 24, 2025. Jim Watson/AFP via Getty ImagesFrench President Emmanuel Macron ‌said on April 2 that it would be unrealistic to launch a military operation to force open the Strait of Hormuz.Since the United States and Israel launched their Feb. 28 strikes on Iran, shipping traffic in the waterway has slowed to a near standstill. U.S. President Donald Trump last week urged allies to secure their own energy access through the strait, one of the world’s most important energy corridors.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Share post:

More like this
Related

The Mediterranean sea is capable of generating hurricanes and climate change will make them worse

In March 2026, a tropical-like cyclone named ‘Jolina’ produced...

Australia Losing $104 Billion in Economic Value Due to Migrant Workforce Barriers: Education Giant

A protester holding a placard reading "Migrants are not...

Diphtheria Outbreak Australias Worst in Decades, Says Health Minister

Australia NewsAs of May 19, 133 cases of the...

11 Australians Reportedly Detained by Israel During Gaza Aid Flotilla

People sit on the deck of a wooden boat...