Last Two Bodies of Italian Divers Killed in Scuba Diving Accident Recovered, Maldives Says

Date:

Damiano Francovigh, Ambassador of Italy to Sri Lanka and non-resident Ambassador to the Maldives, and medical staff watch an ambulance carrying the bodies of the last two Italian scuba divers who died in an accident in underwater caves, outside a mortuary in Male, Maldives, on May 20, 2026. Thilina Kaluthotage/ReutersMALE, May ‌20—The last two bodies of the Italian divers killed in the ‌Maldives’ deadliest-ever diving accident have been recovered, ⁠a government spokesperson said on Wednesday, completing recovery efforts.The divers were among a group of five who ​entered a deepwater cave for exploration last week, after being granted ⁠the necessary permit to research soft corals in the Devana Kandu site.

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Share post:

More like this
Related

Taiwans President Says Peace Depends on Strength After TrumpXi Talks

Taiwan President Lai Ching-te delivers address on second anniversary...

Cotton Used in Labubu Dolls Traced to Forced-Labor Region in China, Sparking Call for US Action

Pop Mart’s Labubu dolls have become one of China’s...

Rubio: ICE Arrests Sister of Cuban Regime-Linked Executive

ICE Homeland Security Investigations arrested Adys Lastres Morera, a...

Opposition Leader Angus Taylor Calls for More Digging and Drilling, Vows to Scrap Net Zero

‘Handouts, bailouts, and carve-outs are being used to prop...