US Captures 3 Narco-Terrorist Suspects, Seizes Drugs Worth $33 Million, Coast Guard Says

Date:

A photograph of a boat shared by the U.S. Coast Guard in a Jan. 30 post on X announcing three people had been detained northwest of Ecuador as part of Operation Pacific Viper. Courtesy of the USCGThe U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) detained three suspected narco-terrorists in the eastern Pacific Ocean, northwest of Ecuador, preventing more than $33 million in illicit drugs from reaching American borders, the agency said in a Jan. 30 post on X.The arrests were made earlier last week by the crew of Coast Guard Cutter Seneca as part of Operation Pacific Viper. The operation directs U.S. forces to the Eastern Pacific Region to counter cartel and criminal groups, essentially cutting off drug and human smuggling activities before they hit U.S. shores, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) said in an Aug. 20 statement. At the time, DHS Secretary Kristy Noem said that “80 percent of illicit drug seizures occur at sea.”

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Share post:

More like this
Related

Papua New Guineans to Start Serving in Aussie Defence Force

Soldiers from Papua New Guinea look on during the...

Thousands Evacuate After Indonesia Quake Kills 53, Aftershocks Hamper Rescue Efforts

MAUMERE, Indonesia—Around 5,000 people have been evacuated after a...

Lutnick Says Trump Administration Told Apple It Opposes Buying Chinese Memory Chips

The Trump administration has directly told Apple that it...

Diversity Lawsuits Force DEI Agenda on American Companies, Consumer Group Says

In the wake of recent Supreme Court rulings against...